[Amc-list] Charity AMX Update

UPDATE!! John Widiker arrived back in town over the weekend expecting
the car to either be painted or at least in the booth ready for paint.
Instead, the shop that agreed to paint the car before John even got it
has decided that they don't want to do it or don't have time to do it
after all. Needless to say, this ticked John off! He made some phone
calls and has another painter. He knows this has thrown us off our goal
to get it to the next stop. The new painter knows this and is going to
get the car in as soon as possible without rushing the work. John will
let me know the date as soon as he can. The goal here is to have the car
ready to roll by the end of the month, I think that's reasonable.
Hopefully that will fall in with the painter's schedule.

Same thing happened when the car first went into a body shop. First shop
decided they didn't have time once the car was there, and it took a few
months to find another. At least this time John has enough professional
contacts that he could get someone else on short notice.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"