Re: [Amc-list] transmission #'s

Don't know anything about those numbers. In 66 232 Americans got the T-96, 232 /287 Classic/Ambo got the T-85 or T-86. There should be a big "T-xxL (xx = numbers, L = letter) cast into the side of the trans opposite the shifter arms. Easier way to tell is the T-8x has four bolts in the top cover, T-96 has only four.

------------------
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 21:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

found a guy with an american for sale. 66 232 3spd/od. would it be the t86 trans with the o/d in the car? he has 3 other transmissions with the car. he dont know what they are, but gave me the following #'s.

J-3042
J-21568

do these #'s mean anything. said they are all 3spds.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"