Re: [Amc-list] : Ford rear for my American...

Re: [Amc-list] : Ford rear for my American...

Too wide, too wide.
Only thing that got the 56.5" housing was a pre 93 ranger.
Only the 4.0L and or cab/chassis models got the 8.8".
I've done some online searches and found few that appear to be pretty close to home.
Prices aren't too bad, the ones close in all have 3:55's too.
Some spec'd with the 10" drums.
I figure I will call around on Thursday/ Friday to see if they realy exist!
One place close by lists one for $100!
For rear discs they appear to use some unique spacing due to the 28 spline axles the Ranger uses.
No off the shelf bolt up discs.
It appears that the Cobra discs, Crown Vics, and exploders can all be adpated.
One seller on ebay lists moutning brackets to bolt on the vented Cobra rotors and calipers.
However if the one I end up with has 10" rear drums I will likely just let them be if they're good.
So far it appears that the market is very light for these so prices aren't bad if you find them at local yards!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>