[Amc-list] leaded gas WHOA guess I won't be doing this any more

[Amc-list] leaded gas WHOA guess I won't be doing this any more

>I have seen a lot of engines with the valves burnt after the first unleaded
gas came out. Most modern >fuels have a built in additive to prevent this
now. Marvel Mystery oil helps in some older engines too. >Just don't use it
(or 2 stroke oil) in engines with an O2 sensor (It can be an expensive
mistake!)

To my knowledge none of the fuels today have any additive to protect valve
seats. Might you be thinking of MTBE?? No longer used, it was an octane
booster, not a valve seat protector.

Marvel Mystery Oil is nothing more than a synthetic blend with some
penetrates (like most of the other low cost valve seat additives).  I doubt
it would do anything to protect valve seats. In an engine with O2 sensors
there's not much you can do other than install hard seats & valves if it
doesn't have them.

But hey,,, that's just ME!!!
Bruce Hevner