Re: [Amc-list] 83 eagle

I helped do the frame crossbar swap. It just unbolted from the 2wd and 4wd rigs (didn't know about the mounts being offset at the time though)
3.08 and 4.10 were also available ratios in the Eagles. (I have a 3.08 front still)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 83 eagle
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: russ hathaway
"
" I came upon an 83 Eagle 2 dr, the short Spirit style. It is in nice
" shape and nicely equiped too, but I don't need AWD. Has anyone ever
" converted the 4x4 to 4x2? I see it as swapping the xmember and all the
" front end stuff. That is no prob as I have a complete 82 Concorde
" front end sitting in milk crates. With Prothane's and local Jeep place
" I can all 4x2 bushings. This will help me to use up some of my parts
" laying around.

you can't just swap crossmembers as the frame horns are -way-
different.  if you want to cut and swap the front subframe and inner
fender panels you could do it...

" Anything I need to look for or be made aware of. Can I just swap in an
" ordinary tranny or just disable the transfer case? What gearing will
" be in that rear end? Anyone want 4x4 parts. I will probably get the
" thing this week end........Russ

a 2wd tranny would be possible.  gears included 2.35 and 2.73 with
258s and 3.54 with 4-cyls, and probably others.

i agree with joe [?] though; if it's in good shape it's worth more as
it is.