[Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

[Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

Well, the guy wanted to come in with the 8" rear axle from the Maverick on the evening of the 5th.
Unfortuneatly I just fingered out I won't be home till midnight :[
Bummer, I told the guy and he has not replied so that deal may be smoked...
In the mean time I membered Frank S. mentioning Ranger rears. So I did some research.
  Found that for 2 years only 90-92 a 4.0 Ranger came with a 56.5' width 8.8" !
Then while surfing around last night I stumbled on a guy on the evilbay that deals in exploder rears.
 I asked him about a ranger rear and low and behold he has a 1992, 8.8", 3:27 gears Ranger rear axle!
They only come with 9" drums, but they are wide about 2.5" IIRC, plus an easy swap to exploder discs!
  So right now I'm waiting on a firm price with shipping.
The 8.8" is probably a better bet then the 8" anyway, lots of parts available in the aftermarket and OEM, easy brake swaps, plus it's allready carrying 3:27's which should be about perfect replacement for my 3:31's.
  It will also look pretty darned correct from the rear with it's bolt on cover and all compared to the 8"

I got my fingers crossed this one pans out and the price is decent!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV