Re: [Amc-list] Starter solenoid conversion ???

Re: [Amc-list] Starter solenoid conversion ???

I forgot they changed! The only rewiring would be an extra battery cable to run between solenoid and starter, and maybe lengthening the wires that go on the GM solenoid to reach the Ford solenoid.

The big thing is another starter would be required though, you can't convert the Delco to use the Ford solenoid -- not unless you wanted to use the Ford solenoid to feed the Delco solenoid... and there's no real point in that!

> if your american has a 232 you could switch to the ford starter; amc
> did that in '69 and it's a bolt-on swap for the '64-8 delco afaik.  i
> don't know what wiring issues are involved.

It never occurred to me to check if the Ford starter would fit in the hole!

It wouldn't be hard to re-wire.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"