[Amc-list] SCCA Solo II Night race

My son likes to do SCCA Solo II racing, and they had a night race last
night. We headed down together - Kevin in his Miata, and me tagging
along to watch. It was really cool! The first 2 heats were in the
light (started at 6:00PM). It was dark by the time the heat my son was
in kicked off.

It was incredible watching how fast the Pro class got through the
course! There were a bunch of go-karts, a million Hondas. A couple
Suburu STIs, a Lancer Evo, some Corvettes, Camaros and a Mustang. And
someone went flying through in a built '67 El Camino.

I saw a first gen Grand Am front wheel drive car, and figured someone
was going low-buck and it was really cool. I though that until I saw
the Grand Am spanking Civic Sti's. He was fast!

So what does this has to do with AMCs? Not much, although half way
through I was starting to think it would be fun to run a Spirit
through with either a 258 or a 304. My pennies are tied up in my
American, and there is no garage space - but man, it would be fun to
go thrashing through!