Re: [Amc-list] push rods in a OHV 196

First off, someone chime in here ... does the 196 OHV have solid or hydraulic lifters?  If hydraulic, the lifters could be 'bad'.  Another option is the valves corresponding to these pushrods could be sticking some in the guides.  Last of all, the cam lobes could be worn slightly.

I would start by pulling the valve cover and using an on-the-head valve spring compressor to compress those two valves and see if they go up and down smoothly or not.  On to the lifters after that.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :)  <><

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.  - 1 John 5:11-12