Re: [Amc-list] Paint article, great lead from Bill,

Joe Smith wrote:

> IMHO your 63 wagon should be painted a cartoon color.  Why settle for iron oxide red?  I think something Dick Tracy-ish would rock.  Even Sponge Bob would work, but I prefer the older comics.  Hey, what car did Brenda Star drive?

:-)

It looks nice in it's natural setting, like so:

http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-Classic-550-Cross-Country/Road-trips/Sep02-Santa-Fe-trip/images/hyyy-048.jpg
http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-Classic-550-Cross-Country/Road-trips/Sep02-Santa-Fe-trip/images/hyyy-007.jpg
http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-Classic-550-Cross-Country/Road-trips/Sep02-Santa-Fe-trip/images/hyyy-002.jpg
http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-Classic-550-Cross-Country/Road-trips/4thJuly2005-Independence-CA-camping-trip/images/view-west.jpg

Well it's funny, I just decided what to do with it this past week. I
revamp the scheme every 5 years or so. My "new" upholstery from 1995? is
all worn out now (damn Arizona sun)...

I'm gonna use both 63's as the focus of my graduate program thesis. THe
wagon will get a new interior hopefully paid for my a grant! Instead of
green and silver, likely something red, orange, gold, ... metalflake  of
course. It's currently gold and silver now. They'll be a complementary pair.

This was it in the previous incarnation (in-car-nation, yuk yuk I crack
me up):

http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-Classic-550-Cross-Country/place-pictures/images/Nothing-AZ.jpg

Didn't like the way the black mask flames came out.

That's 1996 or so I think.