[Amc-list] Small Father's Day Car Show

A while back I was driving out of a Costco parking lot, and while
waiting at the light someone handed me a flyer for a father's day car
show. I decided to go check it out after church.

A local church sponsored it, and I puttered in. Found a parking space
and kind of ducked towards the back in a back row. I should have
pulled forward. Next time I will. No need to hide the Rambler. My son
and I took our camp chairs out of the trunk and found some shade. We
wandered up to the hot dog truck and found that food and drink was
free! Free hotdogs are one of my favorite kinds. Free diet coke always
tastes better, especially when it's iced.

There were a good number of cars there. Some really good cruisers. A
good number of Corvettes. A Model A with a rumble seat. A '29 Model A
woody wagon. Some '50's and '60's Fords and Chevy's. A couple Dodge's.
And one lone Rambler. A sedan at that.

So - what did I learn? I didn't need to go to the very end and back
row. A lot of people walked over to the car to check it out. A lot of
families hung out by the Rambler chatting away. If it was summer time
in Georgia, I probably should have stayed near it to answer questions.
And it would have been just fine right next to the rest of the cars.

Next time I'll spend some time degreasing the engine and cleaning up
the engine compartment a little more. Fixing the headliner, sun-visors
and armrests would probably be a good idea. I haven't worked on the
rust yet, been spending time fixing the car. I think I'll keep my eyes
open for more small shows in the area. It was fun to go, and it was
fun to check out the other cars.

We're no where near ready for painting the car, nor do I have the
skills to do that - but my plan is to continue making the car safe and
reliable. Once that's done - we'll try to make it pretty. I should put
together a presentation, though. Something to show a little about what
a Rambler is. And if I can find some pictures of Mobilgas Economy Run
Ramblers - that would be pretty cool (in a geeky kind of way).

Folks shouldn't have to equate special interest cars with big block
V8s and 4 barrel carbs. It's pretty easy to feed a straight six with a
one barrel carb! And small sedans are pretty inexpensive, even though
(or probably because) they are the bread and butter models we all grew
up on.

My youngest son liked looking at the cars. He really like a '67 Sting
Ray. Thought the interior on a '64 Ford Galaxie looked comfortable.
Loved the rumble seat Model A roadster. Liked the ice cold free coke.
Liked hanging out in the shade. We'll turn him into a car show fan
yet! Maybe even a Rambler fan.