Re: [Amc-list] My Two Cents on Hydrogen etc

Re: [Amc-list] My Two Cents on Hydrogen etc

As long as it doesn't put us in the poor house- like relying on foreign
refinery oil production and sales seems to be on the way to doing. Ironic
then, that the Arabs may cut their own economic throats when Western users
cut back on use as is going on right now and ever higher fuel prices drive a
public clamor for other energies.
   I'll need to research cracking hydrogen from oil, yet that looks to put us
right back to deriving energy, albeit a "second party"- result, from a source
that depletes. Once you derive the hydrogen from the oil- I suppose the oil
still can be used for some purpose- but I can't see how you'd re-derive the
hydrogen from the oil. Also, what form ( state- gas/fluid/solid ) is hydrogen
found other than "cracking" molecules?
   One other item: a pet peeve, characterizing seekers of knowledge and of
regenerable or non- depleting energy as "crackpots" is exactly why it seems
only charlatans promote water derived hydrogen or hydrogen based molecules
from water. To continue to belittle the efforts of those truly trying to find
an efficient and non- polluting means of getting and burning hydrogen, either
wholly by itself, or as a "co-burn" along with gasoline- is a disservice to
legitimate scientists, or even "tinkerers"furthering efforts in this area.
And THAT needs to stop.

Steve Avery
Santa Maria, California