Re: [Amc-list] trans fluid questions, cruise control,

Re: [Amc-list] trans fluid questions, cruise control,

Dexron/Mercon is the correct fluid type for your tranny.

For the cruise control, does the air come out of the defrost ducts when
you push down on the gas? If so, you have a vacuum leak or a bad check
valve going to the vacuum reservoir. There was a TSB issued for the bad
check valve problem. A factory service manual will have the
troubleshooting steps to follow. You can get that info from
http://www.alldatadiy.com.

Matt

On 6/7/2008 10:23 PM, house-of-travel@xxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
> Hey Guys,
> I just got the Rambler out of storage and checked levels, as always it lost tranny fluid over winter, I added Mercon/dextron III as this is what I had in the trunk, Question is what is the right choices for my cars ? Rambler is a 64 classic w/232, also have a 65 Marlin 327, and a 75 Pacer 258. My mechanic is closed on weekends and parts stores are no help.
> Cruise control stopped working on our Dodge van, 318 auto,1998. cruise light turns on but unit doesnt engage. Any ideas?
> Also, saw a 62-63 American 2dr hdtp for sale near me if anyone is interested,email me, I am in Wisconsin,half way between Milwaukee and Green Bay. Thanks for all help....
>
> Bargain Bob Petersen
> AMC Car Collector

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH