Re: [Amc-list] Pomona swap meet -- don't bother

Re: [Amc-list] Pomona swap meet -- don't bother

The Portland Swap meet is similiar to the Pomona, way too big and GM-FoMoCo oriented. But what I have found is that Gm guys might have AMC stuff and not know it. I bought a pair of perfect AMX mirrors with flawless chrome from a Camaro guy for $25.
Standing in a Model A booth looking through his piles, one guy said "Sorry, no AMC stuff here" and just then I came across a perfectly working flapper door handle for a buck. He didn't know he had it.
In a booth of any make might be a lone AMC-Rambler part. You need to look, and turn over stuff.
I even go to VW swaps for the same reason.
And I always wear an "AMC wanted and for sale- Ramblers too, of course" sign. People have some AMC stuff squirelled away somewhere. I picked up my 61 Ambassador that way just for hauling it out of the weeds because some lady walking around had an old Rambler she was wanting gone.
And a guy told me he had an old Race Boat with an AMC engine. I got a 401 with dual quads and jet drive for $100. The hull was smashed but the engine sat for years in the guys shed.
So you need to walkk around, advertise with a sign, and look in all stalls for that long forgotten part