Re: [Amc-list] New toy ...I need a TSM

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, WILLIAM SERCKIE wrote:

>   I just got out from the 1963 and found thet the trunions and tie tors/ends appear to have been greased at regular intervals as the previous owner confirmed with me today...What the problem appears to be is that the lower control arm  sheared at the outer bolts.  It looks like a clean break, my assumption is that it was due to age, rust and simple metal fatigue.

Wow, you're lucky! You can grease the uppers OK? Personally,
I'd back of the nut a turn or two, then back out the bolt one
or two turns and retighten. If you can do that it oughta be fine.

There's no ordinary way that the lower arms parted. If the lower
trunnion froze, or bent, or otherwise damaged, it the trunnion
nuts could have been rotating in the steel arms, rather than
the trunnion rotating in the nuts.

I bet the spring has a scary twist to it right now.

Sorry, I don't ahve those parts. I have no suspension spares.