Re: [Amc-list] New toy ...I need a TSM

Hey Tom...

  You are absolutly correct, the front suspension is a mess and looks to be a mild headache...looks like the other wheel is got a tilt to it too...I think I'll just replace as much as possible to bring it up to specs...

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  On Fri, 30 May 2008, WILLIAM SERCKIE wrote:

> Today I unexpectedly scored a super cool 1963 American 440...

Kool! I'm jealous, even though I have one already.

It remains, almost a year later, the most fun overall car I've
owned, second only in overall total fun in my 63 Classic wagon
(20 years).

What trannie has it got? Slush-O-Matic? (Nothing wrong with the
auto trans; it just sucks out 10 - 20 precious horsies from an
underpowered car).

Once you master the unpleasantries (front suspension, mostly)
it's an easy to work on and fun to drive car. The front end if
in bad repair does require some serious work, but it's otherwise
fine once un-ruined.