Re: [Amc-list] When was the last time you saw one of THESE!

Isuzu still makes those trucks for hauling stuff as does Mitsubishi. Don't forget back in the '60s/70s the big 3 had their own flat fronters. (I helped a buddy make his Dodge A100 pickup into a 4x4, complete with slant 6)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] When was the last time you saw one of THESE!
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

All the little three tried those vans!
Mitsu, Nissan and Toy, plus a few other, not very popular in any form.
I drove a few, kind of quirky things that took getting used to.
Most of the Mitsus we got went to service companies dirt cheap as no one else would touch them.
They had no insulation and the engine could be heard ver plainly as it was between the seats.
They ran super good though.
Nissan ended up buying all theirs back!
The few people that wanted to keep them had to give them up as their insurance companies refused to write policies on them! Clyde Tewell drove them for years after on dealer tags as he got about 5-6 of them Nissan did not want back! His dealer tag allowed him to operate them when no one else could.
--
Mark Price