[Amc-list] tech tip from Nash

ATech Tip for our Members:
fittings, bolts and nuts from aluminum and cast iron castings. It was published
in a machinist magazine. It goes like this: when trying to remove
seriously frozen items, take a common candle and after heating the area
around the fitting with a torch, drop melted candle wax around the fitting. It
will stay around the fitting as you continue to heat it will stay liquid and penetrate
between the casting and the fitting. I just tried it on an aluminum
cylinder head that had numerous seriously frozen fittings and it worked on
all of them. Trying to use heat and common penetrating oils is difficult as
most evaporate and or catch fire immediately. Try this and you will be
amazed., I came across a tip for removing frozen pipeJim Walton # 5762