[Amc-list] Balancing and Backspacing

Today was the first day I drove my 77 Gremlin to work
after having the driveshaft balanced.  I mentioned the
improvements in another post, but I got to let the
little guy roam today.  it's a 60 mile round trip,
with only a couple of traffic lights.  I am so pleased
with how the car runs and drives.  It's just a joy to
be on the road in that thing.  Admittedly I could just
be a simple person who could be intriqued with a piece
of string to play with, but this little car is my
favorite old car yet.

Also, I measured the backspacing on the Turbocast II
wheels.  It is 4 inches.  Common backspacing on AMC
wheels is 3 3/4 inches as I recall, so these wheels
may have trouble fitting on trunnion cars.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA