Re: [Amc-list] Aluminum wheels

Rus,
   You couldn't be more wrong. AMC made the sherif wheel that was aluminum. Came on pacers. They also made a finned aluminum wheel ( like the general Lee wheels) that came on the spirit. There could be others but those are the 2 that come to mind.
   Davis

russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Joe; I don't think AMC ever made Aluminum wheels available, they were all steel. So finding stock ones is gonna be hard. Were the Eagle wheels aluminum? Even the AMX 15 inch (good looking and affordable) and the Machine's were steel. All the 14inch were steel.
Chryco makes some good alum wheels and they are a bolt ons. I run 15 x 7 inch cop cars wheels with a chrome trim ring and AMC volcano caps. The steel is painted hammered alum and I get all sorts of compliments, But again, these are steel.
The Tork Thrust's are timeless, and gorgeous. You can get all sorts of back spacing and sizes. Hit the swaps and craigslist.....Russ