[Amc-list] 4cyl ford t5 #'s

tag # 1352-194 according to the person selling the
trans is from a '90 4cyl mustang.
Total input shaft length from case to end of input
shaft, 7"

Length from end of bearing retainer to end of input
shaft, 6"

OD of input shaft at pilot, .590"

how does this measure up to working for a 196? i do
not know the length of the input shaft on the t96.
that adapter plates width plus bellhousing length??

240lb rating is MORE than enough for a 196.
gear ratios as stated:

1st- 3.97
2nd- 2.34
3rd- 1.46
4th- 1.00
5th- .79
Reverse- 3.70

i forgot my gear ratio, i think its something like
3.73 or so. 1st gear might be REAL low, but od would
be suited well i think. right in the torque rpm at
highway speed i think.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules