Re: [Amc-list] East Coasters Don't Look (not mine)

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder if my wife would let me buy it and drive it home???

Its one of AMC's best conceived and pulled-off cars. Chances
are she'd love driving it. Though it'll ride soft it will
handle decently. My wagon weighs 3150 lbs (I weighed it). The
sedan+v8 is probably the same, but more in the nose. It's not a
big car, and it weighs less than it looks. The V8 is no slouch,
it's all torque.  The TT rear is heavy, but makes for silent
smooth operation.

THe brakes are probably inadequate, few people do to 40 year old
drum systems what they need to make them like-new (backing plate
wear, etc).  But with discs on it it'll keep up with 2008 cars.

Probably gets 18 MPG too.

The 60's glass greenhouse makes for pleasant long trips. yeah,
it get shot, but it's got vent windows, and in general is better
at open-window air flow than AMC's 70's cars.

A 1964 10 or 80 chassis, six or 8, is one of America's overlooked
sweet cars!