Re: [Amc-list] Old Gas, Kinda OT

Well,

I pulled the muffler off and could see the exhaust
valve stem.  It's an L-head Tecumseh motor.  But I
didn't have a helper to pull on the rope while I
watched the valve motion.  I put Kroil in the cylinder
(pulled the plug) and put carb cleaner through the
carb after dumping the old gas. It would fire but
there was absolutely no compression.  I put may
compression gauge on it to make sure.  What
disappoints me is that I told the guy at the counter
(at the shop) that it had no compression and that I
suspected a stuck valve or possibly stuck rings.
Without even looking at the lawn mower he said "with
no compression it may not be worth fixing".

NOT.  I don't need that kind of attitude from the
shop.  That mower is only two years old.

Joe Fulton