Re: [Amc-list] left-braking car/disk brake kit

See, that's why I think the guy who reported that the seal didn't work right for his 68 or so American either didn't have the right seal (you use an early Mustang seal in the mid 90s Ranger rotor, NOT the Ranger seal) or didn't have the right rotors. I pointed out what seal he needed and never heard back from him. If a 74 Gremlin spindle works then a 68 or so American spindle should. I can't tell the difference between a 63 American and Classic drum brake spindle, but I haven't mounted a Ranger rotor on either. I do know the Scarebird kit works on the 63-66 Classic spindle though, a fellow recently installed it on one. He did have to shim the caliper a bit to get it just right, but said it was nothing a couple washers didn't fix.

--------------
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:46:23 -0600
From: James Shadwick <idahoAMX@xxxxxxxxx>

I just install the Scarebird brackets  on my 69 AMX using the drum brake
spindles from my 74 Gremlin.....bought the rest of the parts at my local
CARQUEST parts house.....no problem with fitment  and they work really
good..........would like to see a couple of minor changes.....

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"