Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:15:16 -0500
From: "Jayson Helenske" <rebel67@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] completely flooded out
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
My 67 Rebel 290 V8 2 barrel.  I've had quite an intersting last few days.  I have had trouble installing my oil adapter with priming the oil gears, not starting correctly, and now I put it all together, ready to see if the oil adapter will work and primed.  I tried to start it, and the car did not fire.  It just cranked over.  Flooded out something fierce.  I let the car sit overnight, took out the spark plugs, and tried to crank it over again, and nothing..not firing.  Seems like there is no spark.  Pulled the plugs, and again it flooded out.  Time to trouble shoot.  Distributor?  Coil?  Points?  Severely flooded out and just won't fire?  I disconnected the choke too.  It ran great before I tried to install this oil adapter.  I feel my project has doom all over it!  Any suggestions?