Re: [Amc-list] '65 American 330 - Front drums 9x2?

Re: [Amc-list] '65 American 330 - Front drums 9x2?

The 65 232 I had, had 9x2" shoes inside a standard 9x2-1/2" drum.
That means it also had different backing plates to go with the 2" shoes.
I wound up replacing them with 2-1/2" backing plates and shoes but I thought it strange that they had
downgraded in this way.  It just meant there was a half inch of drum never being used.
Maybe so they could call the full 2-1/2" setup heavy duty?

I believe the 66 TSM referred to this option as 9x2".  Describing brake shoes rather than the drums.