Re: [Amc-list] Done! And Done!

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Bruce Griffis wrote:

> That is really great! Must be fun tooling around in a car where you
> rebuilt the trans and clutch. You have the twinstick, right? Anyway,
> that is really cool.

Yeah, but you know, ignorance is bliss... :-) I was actually
MORE paranoid about driving it, now that I've fondled all the
goodies and can easily picture each one's failure mode.

I also had to re-learn it a bit. It's an odd drive to begin with,
and now the trans, clutch etc are all different. The clutch
is much more grippy, and I stalled it twice (revs too low,
used to be OK :-)

I don't miss the shudders though. Bad motor mounts fixed.

Today it gets highway miles, 45 mi to work on the 405.