Re: [Amc-list] water temperature gauge

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Joe Smith wrote:

> I was thinking to have a nipple soldered onto the top of my radiator.  It wouldn't be perfect, but it should be close.

Actually, if you just affix it to the outside seam of the radiator tank
with silicone it will be extremely close. Ifit's one of those big Chevy
type bulbs that might not be so easy, or look good, but it works. I
checked for this with my thermocouple and ther temp inside to outside
the tank is the same within what I could measure, 2 - 3 degrees.

I'm gonna use a mechanical water temp guage on my air-cooled
trans this way.