  From: piper_pa20
  To: AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans.
  Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:55 AM
  Subject: Re: [Amc-list] headliner material

  Joe,

  I don't anyone has replied to your message about the Javelin. I have a 69
  Javelin and will be looking for vinyl material for the headliner some day.
  You probably know that the vinyl was glued over a fiberglass shell which
  shaped the headliner.  The glue breaks down due to heat and the vinyl sags
  and stretches away from the shell.  My vinyl was already missing from the
  car when I got it.   I just had the shell.

  You might contact the major AMC vendors like Kennedy American or American
  Parts Depot and ask them if they have a source (or if they now stock) the
  thin vinyl.  Otherwise work with an upholstery shop and go through their
  catalogs to find a suitable material.

  Joe Fulton
  Salinas, CA