Re: [Amc-list] Converting to power steering from manual -- and back?

I did the hose reroute on my '69 F250 Camper Special after the pump went south. Used it daily to haul scrap metal and did fine till I traded it in 5 years later. My son is still using my old FSJ's steering box (had catastrophic oil leak) in his DJ. He had to mod the frame slightly to get it in (I wouldn't want to steer it in stiff mud!)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Converting to power steering from manual --
	and back?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm not sure what car your wanting this for?
The 62 is before my experience, but I have seen guys take the P/S hoses off the box and loop them together and drive it.
   Not real sure how the setup feels when done this way, but I don't think theres enough heat generated in the box that it won't survive for a good long time if done this way.
   Next step, is try Flaming river or another source to get a quick ratio manual box.
Kind of circumvents our typical RM, but may be needed if it's for the 62 and you want a true bolt up box.

--
Mark Price