[Amc-list] Valve cover gasket questions (I really oughta kow this)

[Amc-list] Valve cover gasket questions (I really oughta kow this)

Okay. Popped off my valve cover. Looked at it. Yep, looks like a valve
cover! Looked at the valve train (hmmmmm - it's starting to look a LOT
cleaner! Plenty of oil - but maybe the MMO is cleaning up some of the
gunk. Maybe not. Might just look nicer from running it).

Anyway - do I clean the inside of the  valve cover and use some RTV to
pop the gasket on it, or do I simply pop it on the head. I don't see
anything inside the valve cover that the gasket would slip in to.

So - what's the scoop. Just pop it on the head, try to line it up and I'm good?