Re: [Amc-list] Converting to power steering from manual

Re: [Amc-list] Converting to power steering from manual

You'll need the steering coupler from the power steering box, a power
steering pitman arm, and the adapter plate that goes between the box and
the frame sill (it's also used on Javelin's and AMX's). It all bolts in
pretty easy. The worst part is having to hold the gear box in place
while you start the bolts.

Matt

On 4/1/2008 11:40 PM, Jayson Helenske spouted this sage advice:
> Hello, I'm converting my 67 Rambler Rebel 290 V8 over to power steering (Eaton) from the long time factory manual steering.  I got the pump and gear box off a 67 Rebel with power steering.  My question is:  "Will I run in to any problems on the conversion with the connection to the steering column shaft?"  I'd hate to have to modify that.  I am hoping that the gear box will just connect/bolt on together to the steering column.
> Ramblin on...Jayson

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com