Re: [Amc-list] 196 head bolts

Just because we have never heard of one does not mean they do not and are not out there!

All I'm suggesting is that it be checked.
Because if it is known to be off he should be aware of it and carry spares.

This is his DD and since you also have run them as DD's you of all people should agree that it would be best to check it.

he got about 7K on the gasket he had on it.
That leads me to believe there is an issue somewhere.

I'm not saying pull the engine and deck the block.
I'm saying that knowing what he is dealing with will give him the knowledge to live with it till he does his 304 swap...

Joe Fulton just had an old block done and I believe the shop decked it.
I can't recall how far it was off, just that it was, I think....

Knowledge is more valuable then.

"i never HEARD of a warped block"

Hmmm, I must be off my meds.....
I seem to be grouchy....