[Amc-list] Smiley face up!

I decided to take a half day off work today, and do the water pump.
Took the old one off. Easy enough! Well, almost easy enough. Took off
bolts, took off nuts, pried it just a little, and off it popped. No
biggy. Just had to come off the gasket and sealer.

Checked out the water pump and compared it to the ones I had. Hey!!!!
The one from Galvin's is good! Hey! The one from Autobone is the same
as well! How'd that happen!? I didn't think it would work because it
had 2 threaded holes and only one place to attach a hose. Whattaya
know, you can use attachments or whatever they're called. Okay, so now
I have a spare.

Cleaned up surfaces, applied gasket-in-a-tube (sure hope it doesn't
leak), popped it on, attached hoses, attached alternator bracket. Had
problems attaching the fan, but got it with some help from my son. All
good to go!

Went to put on the fan belt and move the alternator. Hey! It doesn't
move! I hooked up the bracket wrong - in a nice, happy smiley face
(bracket going up). Okay - so my plan for tomorrow's lunch break is to
take the water pump bolts off that attach the bracket. Flip the
bracket. Hook up the fan belt.

(Just writing this made me hugely relieved. I fully expected to take
everything apart in the morning - but thinking it out - I should only
have to pull off a nut. Phew. I hope.)

So - alternator bracket thing. Frowny face. Not smiley face. Got it.

(I hope to plan out the harmonic balancer thing a little better - but
I'm not entirely sure there's enough room to use the puller. Hmmmm.)