[Amc-list] Was Alclad Now Stripping Paint Off Of Plastic Parts

[Amc-list] Was Alclad Now Stripping Paint Off Of Plastic Parts

I posted the original post about Alclad. Being a model car builder for more years than I care to remember even before learning to drive on the old mans 60 American in 1962 .  Today we use Castrol Super Clean to strip paint from plastic model  parts by submerging them into it. I recently stripped original paint from a Johan 64 Rambler American model. I submerged the dash gauge panel for my latest 74 Hornet to strip off the factory finish. Before using Castrol I would suggest a test on a replaceable or extra part. Plastic in the last 40-50 years has changed and could dissolve. A friend lost a vintage AMT 58 Chebby model kit using Castrol. Just a word of advice. I have never had a problem with 74 and newer AMC plastic I used Castrol on.
"Doc"