----------------
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:26:59 -0400
From: ksiroonian@xxxxxxx

Hey guys, ?Thanks for all the? great threads and info on the oils with zinc. I will start using that wall mat pre 88 or the diesel engine oil in my pre 88 cars. $9.19 a gallon for the diesel oil is not bad, 1.39 is good too. I have been using fram filters for years and never had a problem?in 40 years,?but i do read the threads of how much everyone hates Fram.
ok for the non engine tech types here, like me, what is a roller engine versus non roller or whatever that makes the zinc not necesary?? is it overhead valve, versus overhead cam? Never took a motor apart so I hae no idea, but I may too to try sometime soon when i restore my dads 74 ambo 360, sitting for many years. what are are amc?engines-where is the roller thing??and what is a crank scraper? In quiring minds would like to know... regards.
and thanks,

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"