Re: [Amc-list] fuel injection on 196's

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Joe Smith wrote:

> Its a wonder I am not more insane than I am currently... anyway what is your opinions on putting fuel injection on either of the 196's?  I have heard some talk of this with the couch potato motorheads (like a sofa quarterback) I work with.  I am not planning to do this, but am interested in the topic in general.  I have seen it done on a 60's Charger but don't remember any of the details.

Metoo.

Throttle Body Injection (TBI), basically a software carburetor
with sensors, seems like th emost sensible, but so far --
except for wildcat projects using MegaSquirt -- I've not seen
anyone go after the Carter YF replacement crowd eg. us. I just
don't personally relish the idea of driving around with a laptop
tuning maps.

A co-worker has a friend who stuck a mid 80's Chevy Citation
system on a Saab Sonnet (!) so that's another path to follow.
That GM stuff is cheap and common.

PS: Maybe you are more insane than you are currently, but part
of your insanity is to think it's normal? That would make sense
in a normal sort of way.