Re: [Amc-list] Oil requirements/filter by pass valve

Re: [Amc-list] Oil requirements/filter by pass valve

There's a GM part number for these tabs (pills) I
think.   I debugged a 1994 Olds Cutlass (with the 3.1
Liter engine) in the last few months (cheap buy, but
didn't make much money on the sale).  There were
coolant leak issues but not into the oil.  Anyway I
bought the big TSM for the car off of Ebay and they
specify that the stop leak is to be added to the
cooling system if you ever drain and flush.  Since the
P.O. had switched to tap water in the cooling system
after a freeze plug started leaking, I did put stop
leak in the cooling system after I flushed it and
added fresh coolant.  I also replaced the upper intake
manifold gaskets, but that was really unnecessary I
found out.   There are specific procedures in the tech
manual for gasketing the intake manifold and I think
the gasket design has changed since the car was built
too.

Joe Fulton