Re: [Amc-list] Info on a Rambler/interchange

Re: [Amc-list] Info on a Rambler/interchange

Frank's right... here's a brief sumary:

* 64-up classic, you can drop in a 232, 199, or 195.6
* 63 classic, you can do that if you get a 64-up crossmember.
* This is true for manual or automatic.
* I have personally done these swaps in a '63.

BUT! The 195.6 (either flavor) has to have side mounts (if it
came from a 63 classic, it will) and not the mounts under the
front timing cover. (Frank might know if all 195.6 blocks have
the bosses but I don't think so).

BUT! the 199, 232 has to be pre-72 (starter on driver side).

PLUS! there are some minor issues between various combinations,
nothing fatal: radiator brackets (fore or aft), throttle linkage,
trans linkage, slightly different wiring but these are all easy
and/or inexpensive.