Re: [Amc-list] Score!!!

I wrote this entry awhile ago, but it bears repeating.
A guy down the street here in Salem that drove (notice
he drove, not drives) a 57 Chevy used to park it in
front of his house. He liked the wow factor. He also
had alot of nice fancy tools to show, display wise,
and he always had his garage door open on nice sunny
days.
He was a nice guy, always willing to bench race with
you or anyone else who stopped by. And he had a van
that he used to drive to swap meets to score that rare
vette piece or other Chevy stuff. And he made it known
that he made all the meets. I know you guys are all
thinkin the obvious.....
He went to Monroe (Wash) one weekend for the big swap
meet and had to stay the night up there. When he got
back his 57 was gone, the Vette FI stuff was gone, his
roll away was gone, etc.
The moral of the story is to look at your stuff with a
critical eye, is it on display for all the low lifes
of the world to see. Do you broadcast what you have by
being so open.
Tighten up your garage and take steps to protect
things. Unfortunately, he never got his stuff back and
the 57 is prob being sold at Barrets with phoney
numbers and paperwork.
Out of sight, out of mind.......Russ