[Amc-list] Navarro

Got my HOT ROD today, nice article on Navarro (as mentioned
here earlier). Hey! That's the motor I have!

None of these stories about Navarro's Indy six get it right,
that there were two motors. The one in the photo is the first
one, the single-turbo, carburetted, 500hp version; the later
one was twin-turbo, 750hp.

I've got "the" (or more likely "a test mule") earlier carburetted
motor.  It's got stock bearing caps (single bolt), the twin
turbo Marino said had dual-bolt mains.

I wish I could see what manifold is under that turbo. My guess
is, it's the same as the one I've got minus the Hilborn injector
bungs that were added later. (Unless Navarro had foresight enough
to include them in the first casting.) I've been assuming that
I have a pile of miscellany, eg. the early block, two random
heads, and a send-gen manifold.

I wish I had got to talk to him before he died, I'm not sure
if anyone can tell me the story of these motors now.