Re: [Amc-list] welding a Borla

Standard MIG wire will work fine. If the Borla is stainless steel the only thing is the weld will rust, but won't affect the header. I'd also make a gusset for the cracked joint. I did that and put a couple extra braces on my 87 factory "header", the ones prone to crack. Funny, an exhaust hanger near the firewall will prevent most cracks! The extra bracing did the trick on mine -- think I put a hanger under the front floor too though. The tubing doesn't support the exhaust system like the old cast iron ones did!

--------------------
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:03:35 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Just got a freebie Borla exhaust header!
It's got a hole in the donut seal area from a torch burn and it it is cracked at the 2-1 joint.
It's not too bad and I want to weld it up and either use it on my wife's XJ or the American.
Anyone have nay tips on what I should use to weld it up with?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"