Re: [Amc-list] 63 Classic gask tanks

Joe; I was at a yard once and the crushers were there
chewing up cars. They grabbed a 70s party Van, a big
ol' claw popped off the wheels (lugs went a'flying),
then the tractor took the van and dropped it onto a
big spike. He picked up the van and gas was pouring
out the bottom. He did the same to the engine and
tranny.
The tractor took the van over to the crusher and
dropped it into a coffin.
As the Van was being moved around the doors flopped
around and I could see an interior that in 1979 would
have made any Disco Duck proud.
As this former King-Of-The-Road was dropped into the
crusher I actually got a lump in my throat, seeing the
death of a car. Sad......Russ