Re: [Amc-list] Good Rambler day!

I haven't had a lot of experience with the 196. My
last one, the hot rod, I had for three years and sold
it a week ago after my post on the List, someone in
Eugene called me. I did a very common old school hop
up on that car and drove the piss out of it, it never
let me down.
I had a 196 years ago that just fired first time,
every time. I only had it for a short time too, as I
have always leaned towards the V8s.
But, y'know, they are simple engines with no surprises
and if you treat them with respect, don't abuse them
and fer krist sakes change the oil, they will last as
long as any engine of that era.
What I have found is that owning an AMC gives idiots
an excuse to abuse, neglect and downright get rude
with the car. They will tell you "its only an AMC'...Russ