Re: [Amc-list] steerin wheels

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Glen Hoag wrote:

> That would be a chevy.  :-)  AMC was using steering columns from GM's
> [Delphi] Saginaw Steering Systems division by that time.  Once again,
> AMC led the industry in outsourcing component manufacturing.  (But
> you already knew that.)

I thought someone said the steering box in early americans was
by Gemmer? I'm not arguing either way, I have no information.

The turn signal assembly sure looks physically the same as the
Classic. Wiring might be different (I just didn't check).

With this car I've learned not to assume; it truly is a Nash
holdover.  The 10 and 80 that year are "new" AMC designs,
and have more in common with my Hornet than the American!