[Amc-list] hard-won trivia

A 63 Classic (and therefore later) steering wheel will fit on
a 63 American (and therefore older, and nasher).

They share the same steering wheel spline, though the threaded
stud at the top is small diam. on the Classic and large on the
American. Both have the same 4" diameter tube hiding the same
turn signal assembly.

The steering shaft has "many" fine splines and is .695" OD. So
now I can find out if a Furd Grant steering wheel kit will fit.

Oh yeah, I bought a puller for the 63 AMer. steering wheel from
Doug Galvin. $40. It's 18 tpi 1" large thread with a bolt down
the center.  I'll photo the thing etc later for edification
and duplication.