Re: [Amc-list] Renault Torino in LA

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, JOE FULTON wrote:
"
" > Here is his response:
" >
" > "Special?   I have the original engine, and in case
" > you dont know, most of the jeep trucks from the 60
" > have the same overhead cam engine, they run about $50
" > at your local junk yard"
"
" Cool! Nice that he knows what it is etc.

alas, he doesn't seem to be in any danger of appreciating it.

motor swaps are often the first thing m715 owners do, but at least
they have the excuse that it's a big heavy truck for the six to be
hauling around.

" What bellhousing pattern does that Tornado (jeep OHC) motor have?

i wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as the continental f-series
it replaced, though i don't actually know.  they share many general
dimensions and i've long suspected kaiser based the tornado on the
connie.