Re: [Amc-list] brake drums

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Joe Smith wrote:

> My 63 American didn't pass a brake inspection because 3 of the 4 drums are too thin.  Where can I get good ones, either new or used.  Bruce Gasser has a lot of drums, but none of them would pass, from what the inspector told me.  Oh, and for what its worth, Bruce has a 60 American 2 dr Deluxe that I would have bought if I had run across it first.  Its sweet.

Last I checked (last summer) RockAUto has better prices (NEW
Raybestors drum + shipping) than local stores.

You want a Raybestos 2501 drum, front and rear. They're the
same; the hub in front seems one-piece with the drum but it's
not. THe rear will give you the hint where they attach. They're just
pressed on.