[Amc-list] ZDDP,,Got Zinc ?

There is a good article on Performance oils & additives in this month's
Engine Builder Magazine.
http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Article/3100/performance_oils_and_additi
ves_got_zinc.aspx

Also one at ,,,
http://www.joegibbsracingoil.com/trainingcenter/

The Shell engineer I spoke with at the PRI show gave an easy way to tell
low Zinc oils. If the bottle has the circular seal on the front with
"API Certified" in it, it is low Zinc oil and should only be used in
"roller" engines. There is really no advantage to using high Zinc oils
in roller engines and can actually hurt you with damage to O2 sensors
and increased combustion chamber deposits (depending on the blend).

I have used Shell Rotella-T 15-40 as break in oil for years with great
success.

But HEY,,,, that's just ME!
Bruce Hevner