[Amc-list] ZDDP Mobil Oil List

    Re: EOS - engine oil supplement - Lyle 914
    <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/914/message/26367;_ylc=X3oDMTJycHVtZjlxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzExMzYwMzUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0OTc2BG1zZ0lkAzI2MzY3BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ1OTI2MDc->

      Posted by: "LYLE KLEIN" kleins914porsche@xxxxxxx
      <mailto:kleins914porsche@xxxxxxx?Subject=%20Re%3A%20EOS%20-%20engine%20oil%20supplement%20-%20Lyle%20914>
        kleins914porsche <http://profiles.yahoo.com/kleins914porsche>

        Sun Mar 2, 2008 5:43 pm (PST)

A. Where might I find this EOS at?
B. Is The Delvac Mobil 1 the diesel version of the synthetic oil by Mobil 1?

\\

AC Delco E.O.S. 'assembly lubricant'

Part # 10-4021
88862587

Call a GM Dealership like Cadillac or GM Truck.

Yes, DelVac is Mobil 1 Diesel Engine Oil.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Mobil_1_Product_Guide.pdf

Mobil 1 HM 10w-40 has 1000 PPM, Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40 is 1300 PPM.
The only 1600 PPM oil is at the very bottom and they are for a V-Twin
motorcycle - at the bottom of page 2, it says the phosphorus levels in
the Turbo Truck oil will be reduced to 1100 PPM soon.

here's something interesting:

[Quote]

Originally Posted by *Stumpalump

*
I just called Mobil on behalf of . It got me to the top that way. I told
the engineer what we do,what engine we use and our concerned about our
flat tappet cams. He was very clear and consise on recomendations for us
and this is what I got from him with a backing from his team members:
ZDDP levels are highest in these 4 oils:

15W-50 Higher Mileage 1300-1400 ppm ZDDP. best oil and their 1st choice.

15W-50 regular mobil 1 Thats the good old stuff they brought back with
the red top and has same ZDDP.

Turbo 5-40 but only if you are constantly below zero. He said use 15W50
for me in Colorado winters.

Moble delvac 15w40 is also above 1000 ppm ZDDP and will work.

Anything else will have less than 1000 ppm ZDDP and is not recomended by
them!

[end quote]

[quote]

Straight from the Shell customer service:

Dear customer:

Rotella T CJ-4 15W40 has a Zinc level of 1200ppm

Rotella T Synthetic 5W40 has a Zinc level of 1600ppm

Be aware that even though the antiwear level is high for Rotella oils,
diesel engine oil formulations are different than engine oils for
gasoline performance engines.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Xavier Henry